spring!

spring!

Tuesday 3 July 2012

I have finally gone back to sewing in my sewing room.  I have the fabric all folded nicely and it looks so pretty....

I have an awful lot of fabric on the top shelf now....where did it all come from?
Did I really have all that shoved into those cubbies?
Well, I must have!
'cause it's there!
One thing  I did notice,... I had a piece of fabric the was badly faded....was it mine or did it come from my mother?.....hmmm  I don't know...but what I do know is that I get the morning sun in that room...what to do ...what to do...????  That sun can ruin the fabric.
Some of this fabric I have had for a looooong time.
Some fat quarters I bought ...gulp! 30 years ago!!?...could it be?????
Yup!  The mister was in an old timer's hockey league and we went to Florida for a tournament.
A friend and I went to a very popular store that isn't there anymore (spent a few days there) and I bought some....okay..okay ..I admit it...A LOT ...of fat quarter packs  (4 pieces, each a fat 1/4 for only a couple of bucks, but then it was 30 years ago)  and I haven't used it all ...
YET!
But I will!

Any way.............................
The area where I have my fabric was a closet, but I took the doors off because I have a large filing cabinet in the corner and couldn't close the doors.  They were  "cheapy"  sliding doors any way..fake wood panelling...ugh! I threw them away!  Now what?.......
I thought I would get a tension fit rod and put up a curtain.
  So I went to Walmart and bought a tension rod for the bathtub....
I needed a longer one...some hooks ...and I had a new curtain that I hadn't used yet ...
Put them up in the space where the old door hung and it's great.
 Keeps the light off my fabrics.
I open the curtain when I go in my sewing room just so that I can see my fabrics, then pull it closed when I leave.
 I am never in my sewing room early in the day.....sorry....I like to stay up late and so I sleep late.....wait a minute....I don't LIKE to stay up late.  I just don't sleep, so I stay up late.  And when the mister in on the road (seems like he always is)...I don't sleep well at all.  So I sew late, then sleep late.  I have always been a night time sewest... always!
Besides ..I just live in the wrong time zone..lol
I have always said that I live in the wrong time zone,  I need to live in B.C.!






No comments:

Post a Comment