spring!

spring!

Friday 20 July 2012

Another really hot week this week.  They said we will have records temps again yesterday...and it was 98* in the shade in my backyard  around 2:30 pm.
I have been staying in ( except to pick the girls up from their camp), hiding  playing in my sewing room.
I have a separate A/C unit in there and I can keep it pretty cool.  I use 2 large 20" box fans to blow the cool air into the rest of the upstairs.
 In order to have the bedrooms comfortable, I have to set the furnace A/C really cold...then the main and lower level are really cold.  So I find blowing air from the sewing room works well.
EXCEPT....one of the fans died..of course! because it's as hot as hades out there!
I tried replacing the plug...I could hear the motor just barely hum...but it wouldn't start.  Gee!   I don't know why....I've only had the fans 30 or so years and in the summer they run 24/7....should I take it apart and try oiling it??? I did once before.
The mister said .."See about a new one"...
I went out to my local Walmart and got a new fan.
Boy, are the new ones EVER quiet!
The mister said ..."See about another one!"
Now I can direct the airflow right down the hall...lol...I've had to turn the thermostat warmer, because I am cold now!
Today is much cooler, thank goodness, a temperate 72* out there .
Now all we need is rain....and lots of it!

Back to that huge pile of scraps!  I swear it's growing instead of diminishing!

I am not in a hurry to see this months electric bill!


No comments:

Post a Comment