spring!

spring!

Monday 16 July 2012

So, I stopped and cleaned up again, put the doll patterns away for a while until Thing Two asks for more doll clothes.
First thing I did was clean my machines...I had noticed that my auto thread cutter wasn't always cutting.  I wondered if it was the thread?...My thread is a poly/cotton blend..could the cutter not "like" the thread?  Or maybe...just maybe...my cutter is dirty/linty?
I took apart the bobbin area and cleaned it out.
Then I pressed the cutter button.....oh yes...there was lint there.  I had to carefully reach under the cutter with a tiny little attachment to my vacuum and suck out the lint.  So,  no pics of the gob of lint under there...sufficed to say there was enough! and a little piece of thread to boot.
Then I cleaned my other machine...I had cleaned the cutter just a little while ago, but I checked it anyway.
And sucked up a bobbin...hehe..Now I have to check the vac-can.
While I was at it, I noticed I needed to dust around and under my table.  When I lifted off the "sew steady" table, it stuck.  Well, a foot stuck to my cutting mat.
I have my machine on the table with a large cutting mat beside me and the front foot stuck to the mat.
Hmmmm, why?
I have little non-slip tabs on the bottom of the two front feet and one is all gummy and distorted.
I peeled off the tab and tried to remove the glue with some "Elmer's Sticky Out"   that I bought at the dollar store.
It didn't work...I've found that stuff doesn't work on anything at all!
So .....I went looking for the "GooGone"..I had to move bikes in the garage to get it, but find it I did, and it took off the glue off the bottom of the foot.  I didn't use it on my cutting mat.
Now I want to thoroughly wash OFF the GooGone.  I don't want anything on the plastic that could eat or mar it..the cutting mat or my foot for the acrylic table.  You never know how a solvent will react with the different plastics...it's usually NOT good.
Now my machines are all clean and ready to go again, I am ready to start back at those quilts.
And I gotta' remember to use 'spellcheck'!...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment