spring!

spring!

Monday 30 July 2012

A friend posted this post on her blog...How many of us has seen the really deep folds in a quilt that won't come out..this addresses that ....it's REALLY good advice.
Find it here
http://annfahl.blogspot.ca/2012/02/how-to-fold-and-store-quilts.html

They're BACK
The grand daughters are back here today  and I have a few crafts for them to try.
I tried to find some crafts that would interest Thing One...seeing she is almost 13, she feels too old to enjoy some of the stuff we have done before.
For years we would tie dye T-shirts ...lol...the girls would never wear them.  The mister ended up with about 10-12 tie dyed T's.  So the other day I went out and bought a number of canvases..gawd...not cheap!  I got some new markers, ink..I have all sorts of paper and a couple of glass painting kits. I need some more white acrylic paint..I haven't seen any for a long time.
We are going to paint, collage and generally make ART! lol
I will set up a craft area in the laundry room for them.  This is not something I want them to do in my sewing room.  We are going to get messy.
And and course we will swim.  I hope...
And maybe do some shopping...that always gets Thing One off the couch!
I hope I can get some sewing done and some blogging....hopefully I won't forget pictures.  ....I know....I will give them both a camera and have them take pics of each other.
At any rate....wish me luck!..we have to keep the boredom monster at bay!

1 comment:

  1. I have two grands I'm spending days with starting next week. One is going shopping for pillowcase fabric and the other is going to do a new colouring technique I just learned. We're going to turn that into a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete