spring!

spring!

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Here is something you might recognise...
Do you know what it is?
It's supposed to tenderize meat...
You can buy a less tender cut, bounce all over it with this thing and it is supposed to "tenderize"  it for you.
I remember years ago, when I would buy a whole side of beef, the butcher would run some cuts through a tenderizer (it was electric) for me.  Back then I had the whole family eating here every night.  I would make Salisbury steak with those cuts.  Now it's just the mister and I most times.  Sonny boy was a really good eater.  Daughter dear had a thing  (I should say HAS a thing)  with textures..and didn't always eat as heartily as the rest of us.
Sooo...
I am a sucker for gadgets..
I personally think it doesn't work.  I tried it on a fairly good steak ...not the best and I didn't see a difference except it was now dry...
I really don't like the fact it is so hard to clean...yuck!  Don't need to get sick! And look at those lethal looking knives...don't want to cut yourself with that!

It's still in my bottom drawer...I should really get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment