spring!

spring!

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Some REALLY bad news
A long time member of guild passed away this week end of liver cancer.
Jo Ann was a talented artist  who painted, quilted and taught those and  other crafts.
Jo Ann`s quilt..A Tribute to Monet
I remember that I took a workshop with her many years ago...she said she wanted to find her artistic side if it killed her.....I thought at that time she was  talented and artistic.
She won an award for her quilt in our last quilt show in 2009.

She apparently wasn`t feeling well and went to her doctor a couple of weeks ago...all was not good..
May she rest in peace



Well, the girls enjoyed their weeks of camp.  Thing One had her weekly show and Thing Two did a load of crafts at her art camp  http://www..artglazedover.com/
Thing Two had sooo much fun ...couldn't stop talking about it when she got home.
They painted T-shirts..(I actually called them to tell them about freezer paper templates, Thing Two complained it was hard to keep the regular paper template in place).
They also moulded clay...they poured their own molds...painted a canvas...and painted many, many clay pieces that are waiting to be fired.
This is a summer camp that I would definitely recommend.
Thing One said they didn't teach anything at her dance camp.  Just the routine for the show. She is getting too old for "summer camp"...but she did enjoy herself.
Kept her active for one week anyway.
She is at home this week except for one day. Mom is letting her sleep in and veg at home...lol
Hmmm...you would think that I would get a lot of sewing done while they are gone ..right?
I am trying, I've been working on the spiderweb.
And I swear the pile of scraps is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment