spring!

spring!

Friday 27 July 2012

I have finally finished sewing all the blocks I need (if I have calculated correctly!) for my spider web quilt. I have been sewing all afternoon most days while the granddaughters are away or out to camp.
All are pressed and  I have most of them trimmed, only a dozen or so left to trim.
Now all I have to do it sew up the blocks.
First I will pin all the halves together..then clothesline them all...or as much as I can.  I will probably stop often to press the seams.
Apparently, if you sit all the time, it can shorten your life....I know it can make you fat! lol.  I have my iron and board across the room, so that I have to move some when I sew.
I haven't decided on whether or not to put borders on my quilt or even how many.  The mister doesn't like his quilt too far over the edge of the mattress..so, how many borders depends on how big this quilt ends up being.   I have been thinking about what to quilt.   Or at least what I can't do to quilt. Again...when the top is finished I will let it speak to me.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment