spring!

spring!

Thursday 12 July 2012

The girls are off to camp again today and I have been making doll clothes for Thing Two every day.  I went out to Fabric Land and bought a couple of patterns.  I've made her (doll) a coat, with matching scarf, a poncho (I used my felting machine on that one!).  A pair of jeans (I used a pair of mom's old jeans for the fabric) , 3 dresses and a couple of T-shirts (I had a piece of ribbing that was too small for much of anything) .
I also made her a doll blanket..(easy as pie!) and she wants a pillow and mattress for her doll.
This little coat is made from scraps from a jacket I made for me ...many moons ago.  The fringe took me longer to snip than I took to sew the whole thing...

I cut across the fabric width for a matching scarf...fringed it ...These two were a big hit!  The colour looks blue, but it's purple.                       
I made this poncho for her today..this one is a different colour and has a fringe

This is the second poncho I made for her.  It's a different colour and this one has a fringe.

Then I made some "summer clothes"  ...shorts, a top and a dress.  Made from scraps of fabric from a nightie I made years ago for Thing One.


 

I recycled an old silk blouse I had in my sewing room..( was going to made a silk quilt, but I never really got around to collecting much in the way of fabric for it.)
I took these pics and forgot about the rest of the stuff..so unless Thing Two brings back her new doll clothes, I don't have pics of most of it...I should really ask her to bring them over so I can have a record of what I've made.

NOW......I have to clean up again!  I have ricrac pulled, different scraps of fleece..fabric..elastics...and vacumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment