spring!

spring!

Wednesday 4 July 2012

MissT, the huntress, is back at it again.
She is well-fed, so I know she is hunting for sport.   She catches her prey, then plays with it until it either expires or gets away from her.
Again the other day, she staked out the garden by the fence.

There is at lest ONE chipmunk left, and I think it is one that recognises us.  It sits on top of the neighbour's shed and will watch us working or sitting around the table on our patio.
If I notice it and put seed in the feeders, it will come and gather the seeds.  I won't say eat, because it fills up his/her cheeks with the seed then takes off.
The other day I put a few cherries out and it ate them.
If we are sitting at the table it will check out under the table and at our feet.  I have put seeds down to see how close it would come.  It is very curious.
Well, the other day I looked at MissT and she has a chipmunk in her mouth...again!
I made her crouch,and I softly ( I didn't step on it THIS time) took it from her.  It seemed to be fine...I I put in on the woodpile next door.  With in an hour it was back on top of the shed..."chipping" away at the cat ....who was still on the alert for it.
Then yesterday I saw a baby rabbit in the back yard....it scooted off to the neighbours (yes! they seem to have a lot of animals over there!...they have a big vegetable garden)...
Hours later, I am in my sewing room and I hear this squealing!
I looked out and MissT has the baby rabbit.
  I went out to rescue it and there was a lot of loose fur blowing around.  The fence is metal and it looked like the rabbit was getting skinned on the bottom of the fence.  It is sharp!
I freed the bunny, but I don't know if it will survive.
AND..
 I haven't seen it since!
We had a rabbit trying to build a nest in our front garden, and I kept filling  in the hole it dug. 
I knew the cat would kill the babies without a doubt!
Gonna hav'ta bell that cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment