spring!

spring!

Wednesday 18 July 2012

I've got my sewjo back and started back on that big pile of scraps.  I am really trying to get rid of them....the spider web quilt is coming along nicely.  I am, maybe half finished the blocks.
I have all my patterns made, last night I used up all the white back ground I cut up.  Maybe today I will cut some more.
One thing about using up a box of scraps, is they are usually all wrinkled...I don't want to iron them, because I will constantly be ironing them.
And it is too hot to have the iron on...even if Thing Two wants to do it for me.
I am  doing the blocks a little differently now. 
Before I would work on one block at a time, press, then trim it.  Now I am sewing the first strip on either side of my background, then going on to the next block.  That way I can take out all the pins that hold my background to the pattern....and hopefully I won't use up all the larger strips first then end up having to cut some more.
I need to go sew...........

No comments:

Post a Comment