spring!

spring!

Thursday 19 July 2012


Dirty Dozen Flag

A friend called today..."Can I come over and we'll sew?". I said "Sure!".
Brenda was working on a flag...her community is having their own "Olympic Games"  and one of the guys asked her to make a flag...he would design..and she could sew.
She brought over the almost completed flag...all she need to do was some embroidery on it.  She wanted (didn't really need) help.
She wanted to use gold thread.
Not a good idea...just looked pale..washed out ..on the test fabric.
I gave her some bright yellow embroidery thread and that worked out great.
We had a nice visit...sewing and chatting.
Brenda hasn't been doing a lot of sewing lately...been looking after her grand daughters a lot...then that means having to clean up after them...no time for sewing.  And I know exacting what she is going through....lol

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you took a photo of Brenda. I haven't seen her in an age. She's looking good!

    ReplyDelete