spring!

spring!

Monday 9 July 2012

It's been hot...really hot.  Too hot to be outside, even in the pool..it was 99* in the SHADE! before noon!  I had all the blinds closed, any drapes I had were closed...And the A/C ran and ran..
So we stayed in where it is cool.
Thing One watched TV all day, played with her ipod...was impossible to motivate.  While Thing Two came up to my sewing room and wanted to iron fabric. ...I said "No!"... "Oh" she giggled  "It's too hot..Right?"..lol!
She brought her doll,(Journey Girl) and all the clothes she had for her and the other doll (Michael's), plus what I had sewn for her.  I wanted to see how much too big the clothes were.  The Journey Doll (Toys R US) is a much slimmer doll.
And it really wasn't that bad.  I could easily take a bigger seam and that would suffice.
I had her leave the doll over night while I made a couple of outfits for her.
I am so forgetful....Thing Two had all her dollclothes  that I made for her here...I gave her a small suitcase for them all..and I forgot to take pictures of her fancy dresses that I made...
Anyway....
So, while I sewed, Thing Two played with all the fancy stitches on my other machine.  She played and played then wanted to do more.  I had a "cheater panel" of a heart pillow.  She sewed on that for a couple of hours, trying out all the embroidery stitches..then I sewed the 2 halves together, we stuffed it and sewed up the opening...and she gave it to a friend.
She certainly had fun! she didn't want to stop to go home.  I have a couple of Christmas stocking panels that she can sew next.   She really loves my new machine...the touch screen was easy for her to use.  The fact that my sewing desk is so low makes it easy for her to reach the pedal, it makes the whole experience more fun.
I think this will be a good way to use up some of the panels that I have accumulated and put away over the years.
She says next week she would like to make another quilt.  She has camp this week.
We can try an offset log cabin.  It wouldn't matter if is not square or even..I can square up the blocks for her.. or she can work on more panels...  We'll see..
In the meantime, I am still struggling through all these scraps...OMG!  there are soooo many of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment