spring!

spring!

Tuesday 17 July 2012

I put away the doll patterns...
I have 3 drawers of a 4 drawer legal size file cabinet full of patterns.  Some quilting, but mostly sewing patterns.
Well, a lot of space is really not the pattern, but how I store them.
I take my pattern out of the envelope and put it in a large white envelope.
  I write the name of the pattern maker ..eg..Simplicity and the number of the pattern, then file them in numerical order.  Just like they do in the stores....Then I take the original envelope, put that into a sheet protector and put that into a large 3 ring binder.  Those go into categories, such as pants, tops, dresses.
I had kid's patterns, men's, ladies' and crafting...and quilting patterns.
I decided to cull!  If I hadn't used it and I've had it a while ..I got rid of it.
I can see that I constantly buy the same type of pattern and it doesn't suit my body type. 
So now I have an empty drawer in the file cabinet.   Not for long!  hehehe...I moved around my stabilisers and organised them better.
I have boxes and sheets of freezer paper and tracing paper, pattern making paper.  All nicely organised in one drawer.
But....those scraps still sit on the floor, waiting for me....so off I go to sew.
I hope I don't find any more to clean or organise in there...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment