spring!

spring!

Friday 1 June 2012

  June already! 
Boy is next week going to be busy..The girls have their recital in a nearby town on Monday and I have to take them.  They will miss the whole day of school and Thing One is having national testing she will miss.  I don't know why the schools do these tests at this time of year...all the dance studios have their summer recitals in June...ahh..not my worry...
We are attending said recital on Monday, also...they have another show on Tuesday.
The mister is getting ready for his annual golf trip...I can't believe how many years they have been doing that!..
I have guild this week and it's our final June meeting with a pot luck.  The  Social committee has decided that we will only have finger foods....I will miss all the salads..that is the best part of a pot luck , I think.
I usually bring meatballs, myself...I had to come up with another idea, so I thought...devilled eggs!  The mister wants me to make him some devilled eggs before he goes away.  I got them in the pot for him now...he loves devilled eggs!
I was thinking of painting while the mister was away. He is allergic to paint, his eyes all swell up, I try to do it when he is away...or have my son-in-law paint for us during the winter months when work is slow.
I spent the last couple of days vacuuming up all of MissT's fur..boy is she shedding.  I brush and brush her and brush and vacuum her, but she is still shedding.  I guess it's all the warm  hot weather we are having.  In her 8 years I don't think she has ever shed so much..and her fur is still thick!
 But, I will probably sew all the time he is gone.  I have the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt to work on, which I haven't done anything in a while..numerous other WIPs ( work in progress ), but they are FIFI's (find it and finish it)...and I have a bunch of king size sheets that I am going to resize to queen.
So I have my work cut out for me this week

No comments:

Post a Comment