spring!

spring!

Wednesday 27 June 2012

reno part 2

As I said yesterday, the lower level has been christened by flood before we even got the furniture back in.
Everything is now cleaned up..and I love my room.  It was two rooms before, the mister used one for his office and I used the other as my tv and the grandkids playroom.
Now, it's one big room...warm and inviting
I have some cabinets separating his side from mine..when he retires (soon), they will be turned flat against the wall and we will use it as one large room.

And of course being a nice new room, I notice...watermarks on the ceiling?????what?
of course...where is the laundry room?  on the first floor, in the back hall, at the back door and the bathroom.....
So what's leaking now? the washer of course..stand pipe is too small..water is backing up and spilling out.   The floor is getting wet and mouldy.   A few years ago, it was the hoses splitting.
The laundry room/back hall is taking on a funky smell.....I recognise that one!

these were in the back hall...foam is to deaden any noise of the machine when the mister is in his office..

So...again...after much agitation...the mister agrees to move the washer and gas dryer downstairs to the  furnace room.  The furnance room is huge...it's the size of my living room and dining room...and largely unused!

my folding table and dye cart

Wait...remember I said that dryer is gas!!!  So I gotta call a certified gas installer and ....and a plumber...my friend, the electrician.  The mister and I carried the washer and dryer downstairs...BOY! they were HEAVY!
Now I have a huge laundry room, where I can easily sort clothes...I have my dye stuff here under my folding table and our friend installed lots of lights for me.
So what about the spot where the machines were?


my back hall now...yes there was a washer and dryer AND a sink in there...but  no place to sort or fold clothes...ever tried doing laundry with everyone in and out that door?


We ordered 4 large pantries from one of the mister's customers..installed them ourselves...that was an education!  The walls and floors in this house are not square or level ..and no, I am not surprised..
AHHH!! I am now ahead of the trend! I have a large, beautiful, walk-in PANTRY!
And I am not going to jinx my self by saying they are no leaks, watermarks on that new ceiling....



Now, if I can only convince the mister to take out a wall between my sewing room and the next room .......I'll just keep agitating!..lol


No comments:

Post a Comment