spring!

spring!

Monday 25 June 2012

Last week I was reading the paper...I read the paper everyday, but this day there was an article in the paper written by Kathy Rewald.  She has a gardening show on HGTV and she often writes gardening columns for the Hamilton Spectator.
Any whoo..she wrote about another TV personality who has a blog...Karen Bertelsen and her crafting and how much work she puts into her blog.
So...I checked out her blog..."the art of doing stuff"
http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/
...funny lady...great blog..I started following her.. I spent hours reading all her posts..and I picked up a great hint...
If you have black marker on a surface that won`t come off...try magic eraser sponge (Mr Clean or noname) and ...TADAH...Windex and it will remove the ink.
Having the grand daughters here after school, my coffee table in the family room takes a s**t kicking...I`ve replaced it once because I couldn`t get the marker off the surface and I had used a magic eraser. The coloured marker came out, but not the black permanent ink.
So when my neighbour put out a really nice table (actually 2 of them) I grabbed them and passed one on to a young mother who had a call out for furniture and kept the other for myself and passed the one I had, on to a niece.  I don't know if she got out the ink.
Well now, the new (to me) table is marred with ink and pencil crayon.
So I thought I would try it...can't hurt...and it took off the ink!..then I went to the garage door...there were little blue finger prints that wouldn't come off...they came off...I went to the front door where there was blobs of red ink....that came off....I ended up going over the whole first floor looking for fingerprints and grunge...cleaning it all with the windex and magic eraser.
I found that there was only one thing it didn't clean...A couple of years ago I had ants in the kitchen...they came in around the window casing, to get rid of them, I sprayed RAID...it stained the white wall and I have never been able to get it out.  I guess  I need to repaint...

No comments:

Post a Comment