spring!

spring!

Friday 22 June 2012

Oh dear...Last night was family dinner night .  The girls come home from school and then mommy comes to have dinner.
I told one of my neighbours that we did this and she started doing it too.  It's a nice idea for midweek...keeps the weekends free and we also have a less formal dinner than we would on a Sunday...but...I digress....
Dear daughter showed up and was a bag of dirt..I had talked to her earlier and knew she wasn't feeling well.....she was in a lot of pain, nauseous...just like a gall bladder attack!  But she had that removed last November!
I insisted she go to the hospital, so after dinner that's where we went.  And we waited for 3 hours..it wasn't too busy when we got there, but boy was it busy when we left.
They think she might have more stones..so she has gone for an ultrasound this morning.  If she has more stones, she my need a scope ...after that??who knows? time will tell!

  Quilt Guild again!  And again the last meeting of the season.  And it was HOT in the room...they turned off the AC in the afternoon because the room was cool....DUH!  it's still hot out and there will be a room full of hot women..hotflashing and sweating!  we never did get the temp in that room below 80.
We have a potluck with this guild in June also, I  think I will stick with devilled eggs again...I know the mister didn't mind me making more!
I loved all the yummy salads and desserts..
I really missed all the salads at my other guild (we had appetisers and desserts).  I think a lot of people missed salads.  Don't get me wrong ...I enjoyed the appetisers, but ones that should be served hot were cold...that did spoil some of the taste....but beggars can't be choosy..
We always have soooo much food!   and even more desserts!  We quilters love to cook  eat. And tonight was no exception..there was a lot of food!
No one has stepped forth to take over Social...if no one does take over, there will be no tea or coffee...no one to co-ordinate the snacks...

No comments:

Post a Comment