spring!

spring!

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Friday was a PD day so the girls had the day off school.
Thing One feels she is getting too old to be babysat and wanted to stay home.
Mommy had a home office, so she is there, but not really available.
I agree with Thing One....she is getting old enough to stay home alone.(which she really wasn't)...Time for some independance!
So Thing Two came over here with me and Thing One slept in a little...One of her friends was having a birthday party today, so she spent the day "getting ready". 
So Thing Two and I did some shopping...she wanted to go to the dollar store for some craft items...which they didn't have..then we went to another dollar store and still couldn't find what she wanted.  She wanted beads that were lettered and ballons...well, not buying ballons when we have some here..
We didn't find the beads anyway...and we never checked at Micheals.  We ran some errands, then did groceries and grabbed some pizza for lunch.   MMMmmmgood ..we both love pizza.
Then we came home, I handed Thing Two the keys to open the door when I got out of the car...she tried to open the screen door and it was LOCKED  (it's a deadbolt above the handle on the screen door)....oh crap!..we came out the garage door and closed it behind us when we left..we took the mister's car and the garage door opener is in my car!  and I didn't have my keys..I thought... CRAP!!! we are locked out..."that's okay, we'll just call Mommy" says Thing Two..".Mommy does not have a key to that door" I tell her...And I am thinking Poppa has his keys with him.
I tried to open the side gate hoping I left a window out the back open..(I couldn't, and I didn't).  I didn't want to break a window...
I looked at the door and was thinking ...hmmm the sidelight (that's what that little window beside the door is called) was open...just a bit...maybe 4 inches...so I tore the screen and put my hands in to open the window...Thing Two says to me " I can't fit throught there!"
"Don't have to..."  I tell her...I slid the window open all the way and unlocked the deadbolt.
HOLY CRAP!  IS IT EVER EASY TO GET IN IF THAT IS THE ONLY LOCK !
After we brought everything in ..had a big glass of juice Thing Two says....."doesn't Poppa have a key to that door?"
I went to the stairs where she had thrown the keys to see what keys we had taken...his or the spares...and good enough...We had the key!...oooopps...now I have to fix the screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment