spring!

spring!

Thursday 14 June 2012

I had hoped to sew all weekend long...DIDN"T HAPPEN!
I didn't even turn on my machine.  I did, on the other hand, spend a lot of time IN my sewing room.  I had decided to clean up the shelf above my cubbies...now it looks nice and neat.  Then I started on the cubbies themselves.  My oh my, have I made a bigger mess!
I found I had large cuts of fabric that I felt should be on the upper shelf.  So the shelf filled up...well, I have to group the colours together...I have some wider fabrics they need to be at the bottom of the pile.  The smaller cuts of fabric (fat quarters and such) stayed in the cubbies, but now I want them organised a little better..so.... lights, mediums and darks ..each to a cubby ...now I am into shades...blues can't go with turquoise..what about whites?  I've got white, blue whites, pink whites, yellowish whites....white on whites...
and how do I separate multi-coloured fabrics..like flowered prints...or what about the batiks?
and now, where do I put all those multi-colour  hand dyes?
I am out of room...Where did all this fabric come from????
 I still have many hours of work ahead of me, sorting and folding and resorting...because if I continue..I don't have enough room for it all
And that is just the cubbies..over on the other side of the room I have a double stack of drawers..
what's in them?
 FABRIC!
  MORE FABRIC!  Fat quarters, paks and squares
I don't need to buy fabric any more!
I have to really start using this up..
and I am going to have to hang a curtain in front of those shelves because .....they are starting to get damaged by the sun...
It's nice to have a bright sunny room for sewing, but ........

No comments:

Post a Comment