spring!

spring!

Monday 4 June 2012

I have finally finished the 2 quilts I took from guild outreach.
The pink quilt I just "quilted in the ditch" following all or most of the seams, then "McTavished" in the outer border and the two inner columns.  That went really quickly and I used up quite a bit of thread that I had from previous  projects.
The dolly quilt....that one I had to think about.  Over all quilting would not suit this darling little girl's quilt.
I stitched-in-the ditch around the borders and around the oval, then I stitched in the ditch in the rows of checker board.  I stippled in the blue oval,  then I stitched rows in the white "wallpaper" behind the doll.  I then outlined the doll, highlighted her apron, and put curls in her hair.  I didn't do anything to her face....
I finished the outer border with McTavishing.  Applied the binding and handsewed it. and " VOILA!"  another done!  I'll take these 2 back in 2 weeks for our finally meeting in June....also a potluck!.....quilters like to eat as much as they like to quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment