spring!

spring!

Tuesday 19 June 2012

I have been reading some of the books I brought home from the library.
One that I brought home was   "Next Steps in Altered Photo" by Beth Wheeler ...I bought "Altered Photo" by Beth Wheeler ..and then bought Photo Shop Elements......I hope to use the computer more for quilting..well..I did say "hope"......yes I said   "HOPE"
This is a new technique...for me...altering photos and printing them on fabric to quilt.....hmmmmm...could be using a whole lot of ink and that is very expensive....well I have a Canon printer...always had a Canon....mostly because I could easily refill the ink tanks....NOT ANY MORE!  now I have to drill a hole into the cartridge to refill.  I don't like to do that. messy...oh..very messy....I used to be able to drip the ink into the cartridge to refill....not any more!
I like to support industry, but gee whiz....ink is more expensive than gas....think about it...how much is in that little tiny inktank....grams....yes, grams of ink...at $25 or more !!!  I bought 2 tanks ..one colour, one black...over 50 BUCKS!!!!! for GRAMS!!! of ink...water...solvent and colour....I weighed a couple of full tanks....guess how much the tank weighed?!.
Would you believe.. my inktank weighs...brand new...52 grams.../1 3/4 oz..../or 52 mL...that's not how much ink is in there...I weighed the plastic  tank and the container it comes in  ..(I didn't want to open the package..it could dry out)...so....I weighed the tank in the printer..it weighs 28 grams..../  7/8 oz../ 28ml..(I used it a couple of weeks and there is still all the plastic of the tank).
....what do you think?    2 teaspoons is 10 mL....are we being overcharged for ink?   Gasoline is $1.24 a litre...ink is 26.99 a tank...or
1 ounce at 26.99..times 33 fluid ounces(US)...equals   wait...wait.....that is....$890.00
...I figure we are paying $900 a litre for it....and we complain about the price of gas???
!!CRIPES!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been told, but don't personally do it, to buy my ink at Costco. Apparently its much cheaper there, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we bought our new printer I looked for one which had reasonably priced ink. It does not exist! It is almost cheaper to buy a new printer.

    ReplyDelete