spring!

spring!

Thursday 24 May 2012



Spring is sure early is year, summer is pushing it...it has been and is forecast to be hot and smoggy.  Some of my garden is doing great...the weeds are thriving..hahaha..some of my perennials are way ahead ...just look at this poppy...actually two different plants grown together.  I think I need to separate them.  One is orange and has a flower the size of a dinner plate...yes it's huge!  The other is peachy pink and a smaller flower.  Both plants are loaded with buds.  I have numerous other poppies growing in  my small yard..all from seeds of these two.....except for one plant...that gives great promise and never delivers.  The plant has always produced huge buds, then they don't open...they become misshapen and then just fall off.  I think it time to replace that one plant. 
I have a lot of daisies in my garden..rudbeckia(yellow and rust), echinacea (pink), coreopsis(yellow) and they all tend to take over.  Not that I mind...but eventually I have to tear them out... I'd rather be sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment