spring!

spring!

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Almost finished the garden....just waiting for the huge plant of poppies to finish blooming so that I can plant there.  Then my hands will stay clean...and my feet!  I garden barefoot, walking in the garden, my toenails get full of dirt and my feet look terrible.  But I don't like working in shoes, sandals are worse..my feet sweat a lot so when I'm wearing something like crocs, my feet are wet, mix that with dirt and I get mud.  I hate having dirt in my foorwear. Boots are just too hot!  I would rather be barefoot!.  So, everytime I work in the garden, after I have to give myself a pedicure.
But now I can more or less enjoy the flowers now.
And sew with clean hands!
So, now my hands and feet are clean, I decided to quilt this little charity quilt for guild outreach. It's been hanging around for a while, I need to move things OUT.   I only quilted it, someone else actually made it...and now I need to bind it.
It took me only an evening to quilt it.  Probably another evening to handsew the binding.
I used a pink thread on the back and a white cotton embroidery thread on the top. 
 Actually, I used 3 different threads on the back.  It was amazing the difference between them.  Two threads pulled to the top and the last one didn't...it laid between the layers as it is supposed to do.  I was using up dribs and drabs of spools of thread that were just taking up room...not enough to do anything with.

No comments:

Post a Comment