spring!

spring!

Thursday 10 May 2012

I thought that I would show you a few of the quilts that I admired at the show.  The first was made by Janet.  Very stunning with the black background.  Appliqued and embroidered.



This one was made by Maureen.  Pieced and embroidered on a neutral background, also very stunning

Janet's quilt is many different blocks and Maureen's is one block.  When I first viewed them I thought they were the same but they are not!  How could I possible thought they were the same??!!    There is no resemblance between them, except for the hand embroidery.   ps...I was wearing my glasses!                                                         
                                               

Then there is this one by Val                                                                                   
Last years   "Block of the month' ...............she beaded it all....


and then Val had this one

Also beaded...the beading changes the movement of the block completely
Fantastic...very inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment