spring!

spring!

Friday 11 May 2012

My camera has been giving me a rash (just an expression!).  Pictures have been too dark and not really in focus, so I devoted some time to see what was up with it...going into all the menus and readjusting some settings.  I have two cameras and have to make sure the are both set correctly.  The shaking of my hands is not something I can do much about, except set the camera to not take a pic if I shake.
Hmmm..when did I change the light setting to fluorescent?  I must have,  I sort of remember one night, late, in my sewing room, changing that setting because the camera was picking up the wrong colour..But?  where I am taking pictures is fluorescent lighting....oh well, changed it to normal..put everything back to normal or default and we will see what happens. Changed the resolution to fine.  Hope that works ...time will tell.

I am cleaning up again in the sewing room.  I sure make a mess with the farmer's wife sampler.  Give the arthritis a rest while I clean out my machine and maybe put in a new needle too.  Almost every block has paper in it and I think it's time to change the needle.
I have dozens of needles..literally dozens.  Every time I go to the sewing store I buy some more.
 Why?
 Because they are the CHEAPEST part of my project and can have the most impact! One tiny little burr can shred my thread, a dull needle can cause many other problems, like tension and skipped stitches!  
 I used to buy quilting, embroidery, sharps, ...you name it..now I just buy top stitch needles.  They have a larger eye, (easier to thread with my older eyes)easiler to thread with the auto-needle threader, too and a larger and longer groove for the thread to lay in (easier on the thread)
I haven't tried the Titanium needles, yet.  Although, I hear they are really good and last longer.  Industry uses them..... A couple of ladies I know uses them and swear by them.                                                      

1 comment:

  1. I buy lots of needles, too.

    I have yet to start the FWS quilt. I don't do paper piecing. This will be interesting.

    Thanks for sharing you progress.

    ReplyDelete