spring!

spring!

Wednesday 9 May 2012

I think maybe I have been doing too much sewing, well, too much cutting with the rotary cutter at the least. All my arthritis is acting up. My index finger has been getting sore and a little swollen.  It bothered me years ago, at that time it was so sore that I couldn't hold a tea mug...very bad for me...I drink tea all the time and back then, rotary cutters weren't available, so it wasn't that, but it was overuse.  This week my finger actually locked on me ...I had a hard time getting it unlocked and was very painful.  So I've been resting it.  My hands have both been achy and my feet so  I've been reading some books that I bought at the Binbrook quilt show and perusing the books I bought at the Oakville Quilt Show.
I didn't get any fabric YET!  I might get some tomorrow...I don't know yet..maybe I will see something  I like.....HaH!  Who am I trying to kid...OF COURSE I will see something I like!

Queen Anne Elegance
 And now the show is over...yes I saw fabric that I liked...but I was strong!  I didn`t buy any!  I admired fabric other people bought!...I got a lot of books...and some fabric markers, some more threads and a jacket pattern...that`s all...
This is the third jacket pattern by this designer that I have purchased.  The other 2 are strip pieced ...this one is more subdued..Looked very nice on the sales lady...so I bought a pattern...
I wonder if this is something that Thing One would like to make?  Maybe a summer project for her and Thing Two?
the website where you can see or order this jacket is
http://www.figureflatteringquiltwear.com/

2 comments:

  1. I like that jacket, too? Who is the designer, please?

    I am sorry Arthur is taking over right now. Sometimes we have to rest. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacket pattern is called "Queen Anne Elegance" by Figure Flattering Quiltwear. They have a website where you can order this and other patterns.
    www.FigureFlatteringQuiltwear.com

    ReplyDelete