spring!

spring!

Tuesday 1 May 2012

The mister's cousin lives around the corner from us...She and her hubby are celebrating their 50th anniversary.
The mister's nephew gave us a call and said " we are having an open house for them."  So we got a card, I had a shower, washed my hair and fluffed up all the curls and over we walked.......
No body home!  The nephew didn't say where they were having it....and we assumed it was over here.... so we missed it!
We talked on our walk over about our own parents and their 50th..the mister's parents had theirs and shortly after, his dad died....of cancer..my parents had theirs and my dad was in a nursing home..only been there a month when they had it...then he died 5 months later.(Alzheimer's)
People are living much longer nowadays. I hope that we make to 50...only 4 years to go!
 The cousin and her hubby are in good health (although he is in remission with cancer) ,, I wish them many, many more years together....Happy Fiftieth Anniversary Len and Ethel!

No comments:

Post a Comment