spring!

spring!

Monday 14 May 2012

I decided to work in the front garden .  It was a beautiful day, so out I went.  I have twitch grass that I have to really work to keep under control.  I had a beautiful display of grape hyacinth, unfortunately, they tend to take over.  They produce both seeds AND bulbs, so I yank them out too.
 I pulled and weeded , I figure my hands are sore anyway.  I took lots of breaks, even stopped and went to the store for garden bags..NO WAY am I composting the twitch grass!  I didn't realise the mister had filled the pails up last weekend with debris when he worked on the lawns.
The cat, MissT sat on a large boulder  and watched me work for a while, then she decided to sun herself under one of the bushes where I was working..I don't like her there...she rolls in the dirt and dust, then brings it into the house. 
 Then she needs to get vacuumed.  Don't worry...she actually likes it.  I use a slicker brush and groom her while vacuuming the dirt from her skin.
Thing Two came home from school and we stopped for a PB & J and some milk. 
I worked while Thing Two chalked the driveway and rode her bike or looked for dandelions to pull up for Poppa.
This weekend ....the back yard!

1 comment:

  1. Those hyacinths are gorgeous! Wish I had some.

    Sounds like a great week.

    ReplyDelete