spring!

spring!

Thursday 17 May 2012

OH MY GOD!
The police shot a young black bear here in Burlington at noon yesterday!
The day before, another larger bear was spotted in a field north and west of here.(Milton)  I can see the first bear sighting, that is a rural area.  But here?  The bear was in a small park, surrounded by houses... not far from a school...even closer to my daughter's house...less than 1000 feet away!!!  Far too close for comfort for me...good thing the girls are here!
I am still in shock!   Funny thing is...the city mascot is a BEAR!  called Burbear...Ironic!
anyway....on to sewing


 The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt is no easy task.. One hundred and eleven , six inch blocks..with sashing and cornerstones.
There are many groups out there (on-line, in quilt shops) devoted to making this quilt.  There is the book..(the letters are a good read, I really enjoyed them) and an add-on for Electric Quilt( xtra $).  EQ gives you the ability to print out the templates or a paper pieced block...in ANY size! ( It has some advantages).
   Some find templates easy, some people like paper piecing..You can rotary cut or not.
 Every one to their own....

I am on pinterest and one of my fellow members posted this page of templates for FWSQ.
I have absolutely no idea if they are accurate, but if you want them ..here is the link
If you have been following me you know that I have been using Electric Quilt and the FWSQ 'Add-on' to print off my patterns for the Farmer's Wife Quilt.  Well, I printed off all the patterns when I first started. It took me hours to print them all off but it SAVES me a lot of time when I start a new block, then when my computer crashed (silly me, still no back up drive!), I had all my patterns printed out and all set to be sewn.  I can continue all night (yes, I sew a lot at night!) long if I want to.
So, if you use templates ..you are welcome to the link!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment