spring!

spring!

Wednesday 2 May 2012

I worked on my Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks a bit this weekend.


night & day

I worked on this one....                  Night and Day..I had it on my work table all week and never touched it until the weekend.  The sample was two grays..light and dark.  I didn't like it, so  I used two purples.



noon & light

Then I worked on block 60, which is Noon & light. It was much easier than it looked and went quickly...I stuck with colours suggested by the pic.  Turned out pretty good, and I didn't fuss with the colours too much.                         


I was able to do the next block ....#62  Old Windmill..I had a good look at this block and decided not to paperpiece it.  I made half square triangles, cut them to the right size and sewed it normally.
It turned out great.  I think it was quicker to do it normally than paperpieced.....
#62 Old Windmill

No comments:

Post a Comment