spring!

spring!

Wednesday 25 April 2012

This Saturday the mister and I were sitting in the family room and I said to him..."Do you have any plans?"  "Wanna go to a Quilt Show with me?"  He said "No" and "Sure". 
So I booted up the 'puter, checked the address, looked at a map and directions ...grabbed the GPS and off we went to Binbrook.
It wasn't far..and not hard to find....except themap said turn that way and  GPS had us turn the wrong way.   We soon corrected that and were at the show.
On the way there, we passed a large sign advertising another  quilt show..but in May..same weekend as our quilt show...I checked the dates as we passed it on the way home...hmmmmm...I can go on the Sunday!

I took 2 cameras.
  I wanted the mister to take some pics of the quilts that he liked. 
He didn't want to.  So  I took lots of pics.
He and I walked around the show and we discussed the quilts and what he liked.  He marvelled at how the same pattern he has seen or heard of before is so different with every quilter...He diffenetly knows what he likes
 It was a great show of quilts, both newly made and antique...apparently over 200 quilts were shown...and this is a small community!
The show was in a church, the quilts were displayed over the pews....not really  the best way to showcase all the fabulous work...the ladies were all very pleasant and pleased to showcase their FABULOUS creations and those of their ancestors.
This is one of the mister's fav's..can you read the label? It was made by 58 year old Maria Mbanjua of Sweetwaters...Mzansi..(that is South Africa!)
He loves the colours in this orange one


Another of the ones he liked was this one. Bargello in the Round it is called...very pretty, but we couldn't really see it all! 
This was another of his favourites
A very soft looking quilt. I meet the  maker, Helen Hurbert.  She  said it was a lovely summer quilt ...Strip pieced...very lovely!  Lots of people loved this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment