spring!

spring!

Friday 13 April 2012

I was watching  videos on you-tube the other night and saw a video on how to do a paper pieced spiderweb quilt.  She even had paper patterns you could order.  When I saw them I thought..."HA! that would be so easy to make!".  And a different pattern to what I have used before.  So I wrote down what I thought it should be and the next day I tried it.
I used tracing paper from the dollar store, because I have several pads of it and it's bigger than regular paper.  I cut the paper down to 9 inches square. 
Then I cut it in half diagonally and then again across the opposite way.  I had four triangles.  You could cut it just in half and it would be a much larger triangle.  My scraps are smaller, so I wanted smaller triangles.





I then marked down 2 inches from the top edge on each of the shorter sides  to the centre of the largest side, drew a line then stacked up all the triangles, took it to the machine and with a unthreaded needle, I sewed all the lines through all the papers.









I then placed a square of fabric over the center area of one triangle, trimmed using the lines on the paper. 

.
Then I lined up my scraps and sewed and flipped then finger pressed then sewed and flipped until I filled both ends.
Then I trimmed and pressed..

and   VOILA!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I still can't bring myself to try paper piecing. I did do some foundation piecing for a pin cushion for my BOM club. I can see where it would be helpful but I did not enjoy it.

    I am curious about your Farmer's Wife Sampler. I got the book for my birthday in December. My aunt and I have tossed around the idea of doing it together but neither of us is a fan of 6" blocks.

    I will be coming back to read more about yours!

    ReplyDelete