spring!

spring!

Friday 27 April 2012

I haven't been sewing all week...allergies have really got me down..sinus headache..itching eyes ..sneezing...coughing...my head full of snot.  Many allergy meds say "do not take if...."  that means me!!  so I suffer a little for the love of the trees and flowers...gotta use the nettipot...maybe that will help.
Thing Two has been miserable, too.  Probably feeling the same way....plus lack of sleep for her...she never did sleep well, even as a small baby.

Well, it's pasta night again...and I am not making pasta.  Maybe I should call it " family night"?  I gave the mister home-made mac and cheese last night, so he shouldn't complain about no pasta...gosh, that man loves his pasta....and so he should..I fill the sauce with herbs, onions, peppers, garlic, zucchini and spinach and ground beef.  I may use a jarred sauce, but by the time I finish with it, it is way better with all the stuff I add and then simmer for a couple of hours.
So, tonight we will have ribs...the girls all love ribs.  And maybe (hah! I dream) there will be some left-overs for tomorrow and I won't have to cook.
I am going to try something different with them today.  I have a recipe that calls for each slab to be wrapped in foil individually and placed in a pan and slow roasted.  I don't usually wrap them.  Everything in the pan at once, slow roasted, slavered with sauce and then BBQ'd or broiled.  Gee, I hope I have enough foil...I didn't check to make sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment