spring!

spring!

Monday 30 April 2012

Is this a New Product? 
I was in my local store and found this on clearance..I've never seen it there before and I am in there at lest once a week. 
It was $4.00 for a pack and a pack is 32 loads..Tide is $8 or $9  on sale!
I thought...hmmm..I'll just give that a try.
When I opened the pack, the laundry detergent is pressed into sheets that are scored in half .  Half a sheet for a small load and a full for a large load.
I washed some towels, the sheet dissolved quickly and completely, it isn't a fibre sheet soaked with product like dryer sheets and the towels turned out fine. 
I was thinking when  I bought this product...hmmm..that might be good for travel.   No bottle of liquid, or baggie of powder.  The sheets could be packed in their own bag, wouldn't take up much room in a suitcase and could be used a quarter sheet at a time or less, for doing that tiny bit of washing we usually do when we are travelling.
The have a web page.  I had a look...Less cost to transport the stuff because of the water weight loss..no large plastic jugs...
I like how tide cleans...I find no other is as good for whites, but I do like the idea of less impact on the environment.
I will have to keep an eye out for them.  And save some for travel!

Is this a new product?...no ..apparently it's been around for a few years..no longer available where I bought mine, but other stores are carrying it.  and you can order it on-line in larger quantities.( I won't do that , shipping costs would increase the price too much)  Yes, we can use it for hand washing (not our hands), but use a half or quarter sheet.
If I can find this product and it is a good price...I am going to start to use it for my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment