spring!

spring!

Tuesday 24 April 2012


#57  Morning
 I started on the next block...# 57.. Morning.... it looked like an easy one...oh yeah!  I'll just whip this one up in a couple of minutes.

 There is a whole lot of seams that I can eliminate, it should go really fast ...HAH!

Famous last words......
Four "Y"seams....count'em.....4!!!
I laid that block out CAREFULLY!!  I didn't want to resew any of those seams.
 It actually went quite well......but it took a whole afternoon.  First section that I made, I accidently cut the wrong part of the block..it was folded over and I cut it.  So I had to redo it. When I sewed one of the "Y" seams, I had a little pleat.  I resewed and pressed like crazy!
Looking at the block I can see an easier way to paperpiece this one.   This is not this first block that was harder than it should be,   there are 5 rows and if a small triangle was sewn onto each end of row  2 , 3 and 4 it would have eliminated the "Y" seams.
 But now it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment