spring!

spring!

Thursday 12 April 2012

I went to guild the other night and we had a couple of ladies as our speaker.  They are friends and neighbours  who have been together for 30 some years..sewing and now designing quilt patterns.  They were very interesting even though one was losing her voice and the other couldn't see very well due to unsuccessful cataract surgery.
They have a website http://www.harebrainedhappenings.com/ filled with very cute patterns for quilts and bags, which they had for sale after their presentation.  Two of those patterns were fresh from the printers'.
I brought date squares for my turn at providing some of the snacks...that I didn't enjoy!  lol  ..I bought them,  should have made them myself!..they were mostly tasteless...well definitely not as good as mine are!  I really should know better....I used to bake often, but I have lost my touch...besides I certainly don't need sweets hanging around the house for me to eat.  The mister doesn't eat a lot of sweets and he really doesn't like date squares.  Blueberry pie is his favourite and even then, he doesn't over do like I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment