spring!

spring!

Tuesday 31 January 2012

I was out talking to the neighbours today, enjoying the warm but wet weather we are having.  Both ladies had just lost their beloved older dogs.  Kefac,  was the black lab next door and sadly took a turn for the worse after christmas and had to be put down. The other dog was a pitbull and lived down the other end of the street, was a very nice, gentle girl, and also very old.
turkey tracks
turkey track block
Pit bulls aren't allowed in Ontario anymore...they have a bad reputation as an aggressive breed.  So my neighbour got a boxer/lab mix puppy...so cute..




canadian rose


When I was talking to my next door neighbour,  me told that she had taken the quilts she had shown me to a quilt appraiser..it turns out there are worth more than just a little bit.
The turkey tracks quilt is valued between $800 and $1200.
The rose quilt valued at $800 to $1500.
The well loved dresden plate...only around $100...BUT....if they had have been labeled by the maker...they would be worth much more
canadian rose
dresden plate

No comments:

Post a Comment