spring!

spring!

Thursday 19 January 2012

Quilt guild tonight and I am charging my phone and putting my camera in my purse...Hopefully I don't forget to use them and have some pics to show.
We went for a walk the other day and I put my phone in my pocket...three days later when I wore that coat again.....hmm  there is my phone!  I didn't even miss it..
I got a phone when my mother moved an hour away and was declining rapidly and I thought if I was on the highway a lot, I should have a phone, just in case....But I hardly used it.  Just not hooked up like some of the younger generation, and really don't want to be.
The mister has had a phone since they first became available...A huge thing as big as a briefcase....he didn't carry around all the time with him, just during business hours..we had to have a special receiver and  antenna installed in our car for better service...no special features...no games...no features....just a phone.....now! HAH...people can't live without them..coverage is great...phones fit in the palm of your hand and the cost is similar...
$700.00 for the phone and $17.00 a month for service.. all calls extra.  I remember one month when he had a lot of problems with quality control in the company he worked for and his bill was over $500.00!!!  That was a whole lot of talking, and soothing of costumers.

As I said before ..MOD CONS(modern conveniences) can't live without them!

I got another block done...postage stamp
I had some squares precut and just used them.  Not paper pieced this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment