spring!

spring!

Friday 6 January 2012

While I was at my fav store, I also picked up a little thing called a mat cleaner for my cutting mat.  It looks like a piece of crepe rubber that they used to make shoe soles out of....But it works.  I had a whole lot of fibres embedded in my cutting mat that I just couldn't get out with my tape roller or clothes brush as suggested by some of the cutting mat sites.  Fleece and quilt batting have been embedded deeply and needed to be removed.  That did it nicely, although I do have lots left.  I have been using it often, it will clean out the remaining fibres eventually.

I took the mister with me and he had a little boo around the store, asked me which machine was the same as mine, which I showed him...Of course Elsa,(store owner) said I loved my machine still, right? to which I replied..yes , I looove my new machine ..and the new acrylic table that came with it...although I had to cut my machine desk more and use the acrylic table without the legs, to set my machine in my desk.  I told her I adjusted the height of the machine in the desk so that I had the acrylic table maybe an inch above the tabletop..it meant that the hinges on my desk didn't interfere with my sewing...and that I bought some suction cups to stop any slipping and  support the table in different areas.
no legs, just the nubs
I told her I had it in my blog, but I thought I would say it again, so that anyone just looking can find it right here.
This is how I did it.
The acrylic table sits ..maybe an inch above the desk top..not too much added height

extra suction cups for support and slippage


No comments:

Post a Comment