spring!

spring!

Thursday 26 January 2012

I worked on a couple of blocks in The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt.  I made this one, not too fond of the colours/ fabrics that I chose.  I don`t really like the basket but with one  hundred plus blocks in the quilt, one little block won`t matter much.  So   I think I will leave it as it is.


I also worked on this block called "Four  Winds".  Paperpieced....  It took a long time..All those little squares...I marked all the colours on the back so that I wouldn`t make a mistake.  Finally finished it ..decided to take the paper out of the seams, some of them were really thick.  After I did that I noticed that  I had sewn the last row on upside down, so I took it apart and fixed it. And pressed it...and really pressed it...lots of seams converge to form the pinwheel....
I thought I was doing really great ....
and then I saw it.....one square the wrong colour...crap!  no worries I can applique a square right there, right?...sorry...none of that fabric left.  I have to start over!  I think I will check my garbage pail first, though.

So, now I've found a scrap the right size.  Here is what I am planning on doing....I willopen up the seam top and bottom and slip the correct square ( two edges pressed) in, sew it by machine, then hand sew the two pressed edges to the sides.
Hopefully it won't take long..redoing the whole block  would take a couple of days, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment