spring!

spring!

Thursday 12 January 2012

The girls went for their workshop today.  I stayed with them in case they had trouble with their machines and of course they did.
They really had fun making a little jewellery pouch.  First they practised their skills on some muslin, which I though was a great idea...after all, who likes sewing on paper?!.  It also gave us a chance to debug any sewing machines.  There were 2 other little girls there for the workshop also. After getting to know one another the girls started comparing their work, and helping one another.   Everyone seemed to have a great time.  After the girls all finished their projects, they decided to all try out all the fancy stitches on their machine, so they were given some more fabric with stabilizer to make their samples.
Paige, Megan, Brenda, Courtney and Hayley
I was able to work on putting a hanging sleeve on my wall hanging for the quilt show, I found the light in the store fabulous for working on a black project.  The sleeve is finished and now all I have to do is add the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment