spring!

spring!

Wednesday 11 January 2012

The girls have been here all week..Thing One sat and played with her Ipod and my laptop..keeping in touch with her school mates.  Thing Two and I went upstairs to my sewing room.  She had some Pj's to hem....(.hmmm just like Grammie...)
So, up we went, I cut them down after measuring them and asked..."What shall we do with the cut off piece?"...Thing Two sat down to my new machine and sewed up the bottoms of the cut off ends of her  Pj's , we slipped a ribbon through the old hem and turned them into 2 little fuzzy bags....then, after I folded and pinned for her she sewed up her own new hems.  Proud as punch, she was!!!..then, while I cleaned and oiled 2 sewing machine for them to take for their workshop, she played with the machine...making samples and using the circle maker..made herself a coaster..with all the embroidery patterns...She played all afternoon.
Then we had to go downstairs and make dinner.  It was pasta night and the 3 girls stay for dinner.  Thing Two helped by cutting up all the veggies for dinner.  This little girl wants to be a domestic goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment