spring!

spring!

Monday 9 January 2012

Here it is...New Years day and it is raining...again...no snow any more...it is all gone..yet in my son's city of Toronto..there is snow...
we are green...again...

New Years dinner was a huge success..we had ham...the ham was great..I haven't baked a ham in years....scalloped potatoes ( a family favorite if you haven't already guessed...veggies with cheese sauce (another family fav)  sugar pie AGAIN,( hubby fav) and banana dulce de leche for dessert...3 courses...2 desserts..lol..that's it for a while!  now we DIET!
...It seems like a long time since I have blogged about the Farmers wife sampler quilt.  I have been sewing a little on it..got a few more blocks done.
  I do mean a few......But not as much as I'd like. Here is a pic of one friendship star.
I haven't done the amount of sewing that I had hoped, or though I would get done.
I had hoped to sew all week long...hahahahaha
(that was a hysterical laugh right there and I am shaking myself in disbelief that I REALLY thought that I would be able to do more)...I didn't...we sat far too much and talked and drank tea or watched TV........we did a whole lot o' nothin'..........I REALLY can't imagine what is going to happen when the mister retires......ooooohhh...my gooooodnessss...he is already past retirement age..and my knees are sore from not moving enough..my hips are sore from not moving enough.....I  logged in to Ebay far too often...lusting after sewing machines I would never use to their full potential but wanting anyway...just..... because...(maybe I have something burning a hole in my pocket).......I can certainly feel it burning....ohhh ahhh..how I would love THATone........

No comments:

Post a Comment