spring!

spring!

Monday 2 January 2012

Christmas dinner was great!
Turkey roll ( de-boned turkey) was very good, all the veggies  and  scalloped potatoes were excellent ..Sugar pie and blueberry pie were excellent.  Our son ate to his heart's content, but because I forgot to take my meds...I suffered with indigestion....as soon as I realised I forgotten, I took them, but now I have to wait for my tummy to settle.  Sonny brought back a bunch of my plastic containers and then took home the same amount full of leftovers for him...the works..more turkey, some potatoes, veggies, gravey and blueberry pie.
Christmas day was good, but our son wanted to wait for his sister and nieces before he opened any pressies. So, all will be here again on the 27th.  I am not cooking again...too much work and then to do it again on New Years...well, maybe pizzas....
We opened what we had for one another ...our son gave us some videos...Gone With the Wind , and Wizard of Oz for me and Dirty Harry for the mister.
We gave him a le creuset brazier.

I watched Gone with the Wind again...and it wasn't as I remembered...what a shock!  It's been a while since I last saw it, and this time I watched it on the laptop. I don't think that I ever saw the very beginning.
 I paid attention to the sets and costumes ...I paid attention to the whole movie...if I needed to pause,  I did....I really enjoyed it and I knew I would.  I have been trying to get it for a while.  I know that I will watch it numerous times.
After I watched the movie, I watched Carol Burnett's spoof of Gone with the Wind..(again)..I really cracked up when she wore the drapes and said.."I saw it in the window and couldn't resist!"..lol  ..

No comments:

Post a Comment