spring!

spring!

Monday 3 October 2011


calico puzzle

Calico Puzzle was pretty easy.  No bumps..reminds me of the Union Jack.







cats & mice
 Cats and mice...
tiny little triangles and 3 set in seams ...yuck.  this one  certainly was a challenge.  I won't want to do another like it.  At lest not paper pieced.  I think it would have been easier to just piece normally. 
I read one tip in the The Experts Guide to Paper Piecing, to use pins to pin match seams then use paperclips to hold the seam when you sew.  I tried it but had to remove my stitching and redo it.  The pieces are too small or maybe I need smaller paperclips.
Good thing it was only two colours, it would have been very confusing for me .
I really could not for the life of me figure out how this went together.  I sat in front of the computer, rearranging the pieces for quite a while.
I pressed the snot out of it and it looks fine.



paperclips for pins


sewn


No comments:

Post a Comment