spring!

spring!

Friday 28 October 2011


Cleome

I really love having a laptop...why?...I spend a good deal of time up in my sewing room, away from my hubby. He travels alot, so when he is here, I like to spend time with him.  That might change once he retires...lol.  But, to use the big computer, I would still be upstairs and apart from him for a long time..the other computer is so slow.  With my laptop, I can work on my blog and be in the family room too...I can sit and search for quilt patterns, shop, research sewing patterns, watch You-Tube videos of sewing or quilting, and still be in the same room with him.  I can watch programs that I like and still do stuff on-line. I can do what-ever and he can watch all the sports that he likes.  I heard on the radio that most people are not just watching one screen anymore...we are multi-tasking.  No surprise, right...we are women and we multi-task!


snapdragons ...same plant has been growing for 3 years!
 
It's so nice having all the mod -cons (modern conveniences).  Some of those we really take for granted...heat ..hydro (electricity).. gas..internet...we literally have the world at our finger tips...we can access any thing, any where, at any time. We can talk to anyone in the world.  We can access almost any quilt pattern, quilt maker without any problem.
Quilting is said to be a dying art...I don't think so...we are WORLD WIDE!!! how can we be a dying art?  

I had our guild exec meeting here the other day and at the end of the meeting, I brought out the laptop and some of us played with it.  Elizabeth logged into her pinterest account and showed us some of her work.  She left it logged on and later I had a really good peek at what she had.  I logged her out and opened my own pinterest account...Seeing all that body of work from all over is truely inspiring.
Speaking of mod cons.......
 Last week hubby and I went to  local quilt show...we used the GPS.. and couldn't get voice directions..the screen view was fine, I was co-pilot, so we managed fine anyway.  Today...the weather is the same and hubby is using the GPS....good thing he really knows where he is going because the GPS is in GERMAN today.  hehehe!  mod cons! love to hate them! but gotta have 'em

1 comment:

  1. I knew I'd get you on Pinterest :) You are fearless with that computer, lady!

    ReplyDelete