spring!

spring!

Thursday 13 October 2011

I am not having a whole lotta luck with my machines.  I went to my Mega Quilter and cleaned it, changed the needle and was going to load a quilt for "Thing 1" ..I tried to move the sensor for my cruise control and ....CRAP!!!!!... broke it.  I knew it before I touched it,  just had a feeling.  I tried some silicone glue and see how that goes.   If it doesn't work I will have to order a new sensor...$65 each!  When I checked it out on-line, I can see that they have changed the bracket that holds the sensor.  Looks a lot sturdier.
 And the silicone  did not even stick.  I will have to come up with something on how to fix it.

corn and beans

In the mean time I have been working on the block, corn and beans.  Another challenging block with tiny little triangles, and I will have to go back to the computer to figure out how it goes together.  But I am still not done sewing it.
The new machine is a dream...I love it.  I really like the auto lift and the auto thread cutter...
And corn and beans is done.   I find that paperpiecing is more challenging than regular piecing for some of these blocks, but it's finally done.  Then I took a little break and made a pair of shoes...for a doll..Thing 2 loves her dollies, she got a new one for her 8th birthday and is now collecting clothes and shoes for her.  I have some doll clothes patterns, and decided to make her some clothes...an old heavy satin silk blouse with a heavily stabilized collar inspired the shoes.
I used fabric paint around the edges to stop any fraying.
Turned out pretty good...let's hope they fit.  If they don't she will have to bring me the doll so I can trace her foot.

2 comments:

  1. Right now Patti, sewing machines and you are not getting along. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my mega quilters. I'm putting one together today to put through. Good luck with the new part. Burt is going to love you.
    I love the doll shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New machines have so many nice features - I love my thread cutter and my knee lift bar especially. And the speed adjustment!

    Nice job on Corn & Beans! I had to steamroll mine to get it to behave. And the doll shoes are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete