spring!

spring!

Wednesday 19 October 2011

I made a huge pot of pea soup today,  the only thing missing was home made bread.   I haven't made a big pot of pea soup in years.  It is delicious.
My daughter supplied the ham bone and I did all the rest....she will get more than half of the pot of soup and some will go into the freezer for cold days that  I don't want to, or am too busy to cook.

cups and saucers
I went into my sewing room and decided to do the skip next the block, it was giving me such a pain ...and do cups and saucers instead..I picked some fabrics that reminded me of fancy, or 'company' cups and saucers and made up the block then I was able to pick out fabrics for the last block....I don't know what was blocking me,  I couldn't really decipher what the colours were and how many of them there were...so it took a while..and I still haven't finished the block.  Almost, but not quite.
I joined a forum the other day and many of those ladies are also doing FWS.  Some of them are even finished.

1 comment:

  1. My Dad loved pea soup, but only one brand. Habitant. Me, not so much. LOL
    Enjoy the forum. I'm on one but not enjoying it too much at the moment. Maybe with a holiday from it I'll like it when and if I go back.

    ReplyDelete