spring!

spring!

Wednesday 5 October 2011


churndash
 Churndash another really easy block that I paperpieced.  Doesn't that look nice in purple?.  I thought as I made up this block, that it was one of the last blocks...so I checked the back of the book and there it is again as Wrench..exactly the same, just 2 colours instead of 3.




Contrary Wife was next, in 2 colours of blue.  I paper pieced this one , carefully mindful of how the colours were placed.   But not careful enough because I got it wrong.. I didn't have the dark blue bar going through the center, instead of taking it apart and redoing it, I redid the whole thing without paper.  Went faster and was easier to keep track of where the colours were supposed to go.



contrary wife
One tip that I used I got from Bev at a workshop she held. She gave us all a dozen flower headed pins, told us to number them with a marker, and use them to keep count of our rows on the project she was teaching.  I used those pins to number my fabric colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment