spring!

spring!

Monday 24 October 2011

weekend work


monkshood

What a beautiful day today....the sun shone and it was warm, with just a few puffy clouds in the sky.  The air was clean (?) and clear with no winds.  There was so much dust and dirt on the patio table from the last 2 weeks of rain and wind storms...more than I've ever had to clean up before.
We were able to take down the canopy and do some yard work.  We still have lots of tomatoes, I picked most of them and hopefully they will ripen BEFORE they rot.  I don't like fried green tomatoes...tried them..yuck...maybe it was my recipe.. green tomato relish is good, but there's not really enough for that.  Besides, my feet are sore and I want to relax now.  We don't eat enough to warrent canning anymore.
 We cleaned out the bird feeders ( should I call them squirrel feeders?) and fixed another.  I will have to pick up some suet cakes, too, for when the weather is really cold.  I hadn't even finished putting seed in the feeders and one little squirrel was at the feeder already..she has big boobs, so she must have a new litter or is having one.  Actually the look smaller than when I first noticed, so maybe she had them....I haven't seen any young ones...but there is a  hawk in this area  that I have seen.


 
mandelvilla
 I noticed that the finches have eaten all the seeds from the daisies..blackeyed and purple cone flower.
I cleaned out some of the garden, while hubby cut the grass.  All the neighbours were out doing the same and enjoying the fine weather.  I'm sure we won't get much more of this

No comments:

Post a Comment